Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Take a close look at this cute pointer boy!!

Hamilton is such a sweet boy and a great looking , svelte dog. Hands down the best foster dog I have ever had! He is housetrained and quiet in his crate at night or when we leave the house. I haven't heard him bark yet. He loves kids of all ages and adults. He is a great eater and gets along with other dogs very well. He prefers to sleep on the dog pillow rather than the furniture.

Hamilton can sit, shake, come and lay down on command. He is submissive to other dogs.
My feeling is that he stayed outside a lot before coming into our rescue. He does counter surf but easily stops the behavior when told no or down. This behavior is happening less and less. He is afraid of the hose. When I'm watering flowers in the yard he is on the other side of the yard sitting and watching me. Once the hose is put away he is fine, walking over to me for reassurance. My guess is he has had some hose trauma in his past. He does pull a bit on leash.

Hamilton is a loving dog who always wants reassurance that he is loved even when he is told no. He smiles with squinty eyes and his tail wags when he wants attention. He loves people and loves to be your center of attention. I haven't seen much attention to birds in the yard. I wish him the best home, he will love you forever!

No comments: